Here at Raynham Primary School, we understand the importance of learning through play. Our aim is to ensure that children have fun every day while learning in a stimulating environment as they grow and develop.
Our Early Years and Foundation Stage curriculum is based on the EYFS profile and Development Matters. We incorporate the children’s interests through various themes ensuring that the curriculum combines learning both in and outside of the classroom and children experience many exciting learning opportunities.
The areas of learning have been organised are as follows:
PRIME AREAS OF LEARNING:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal and Social Development
SPECIFIC AREAS OF LEARNING:
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
THE CHARACTERISTICS OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
We provide many opportunities for children to learn in the Early Years setting through the teacher’s planning and children’s activities.
The three characteristics of effective teaching and learning are:
- Playing and exploring – children have the opportunity to investigate and experience a range of activities and are encouraged to ‘have a go’
- Active learning – children concentrate and develop resilience when they encounter difficulties, and enjoy their achievements
- Creating and thinking critically – children have and develop their own ideas, make links between ideas, and develop strategies for completing a task