Inclusive practice can be defined as attitudes and methods that ensure all learners can access education.
At Raynham Primary, inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. Our staff work to ensure that all of our pupils feel valued and supported in order for them to achieve their individual goals and potential.
Quality first teaching is implemented across the school. This approach includes:
- Differentiated teaching methods, resources and activities to suit the needs of individual learners
- Making reasonable adjustments where necessary to ensure children with SEND can access the full curriculum
- Utilising the skills and interests of children to enrich the learning of others in the class
- Mixed-attainment paired and group work to enable pupils to support each other
- Making good use of the outdoor environment, including the local community, to enhance learning
- Carefully planned interventions for children who need additional support in specific areas