Free School Meals and Pupil Premium
Although you may have a child in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 who will be benefiting from a ‘universal free school meal’, Raynham Primary School and your child may also benefit from additional funding from central government known as Pupil Premium Grant had your child been entitled to a statutory free school meal.
The government has introduced the Pupil Premium to help children from low income families reach their full potential and to achieve higher academic grades at school. The level of funding that the school will receive for is £1320 for each child that is registered as meeting the statutory free school meal criteria.
In order to determine if your child qualifies and to allow us to claim the funding it is important that all parents and carers who feel they may meet the criteria below come to the school office and fill out an application form:
- Income Support
- Income-Based Jobseekers’ Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, providing you are not also receiving to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- A “Run-on” of Working Tax Credit – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
The information provided on the form will be used by the council to check for eligibility to claim additional funding for the school (the ‘pupil premium’) from central government. It will be used for no other purposes and will remain confidential to the council. This may not be relevant to you but if at any point your circumstances change and you feel you may qualify please ask the school office for a Free School Meal form for completion.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.